Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cats And Keyboards?

What is it about Cats and Keyboards? They love nothing more than to stretch out right across your desk and smush the keyboard of your computer. Maybe it is because they like to see the asterisk or the letter M dance across the screen in a never ending fashion until they are promptly whisked aside. Whatever the reason I am convinced that they are aware of the precise moment you begin to read something important. They wait for just the right moment to pounce onto your desk and then PLOP! There they are laying right across the keys.

My little Spanky Doodle has gotten quite good at this little routine and I have given up the fight and I fly my white flag. Nowadays I consider his interruptions as a hint to take a break and enjoy some kitty and me time.

Annoying as it may be, I try and remember how fortunate I am to have such a loving little kitty as my Spanky. He is so affectionate and I owe it to the fact that I nurtured him just as a mother cat would from the age of 5 weeks old. I would cradle him on my chest and simulate a mother's licking routine by rubbing my chin across his face and head. To this day he jumps up on my chest, curls up and ALWAYS throws his little arms around my neck to be loved by his momma.

This horrendous photo (of me) was taken yesterday after I threw my back out as I lay somewhat helpless on the couch. My little Spanky immediately jumped up and threw his arms around me and lovingly comforted his ailing momma. Aaaah to be loved.

3 comments:

  1. aww how cute, and I know what you mean, we have a few. one likes to sit on your lap one likes to sit and watch the arrow and she follows it pretty good, and other like to just well stand so you cant see anything..lol
    hugs Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy:
    Spanky is a loving cool cat!!!
    What a neat story about how you nurtured him!!!
    Although I have no animals around me I love them and they little personalities : )
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving
    peace
    carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that is the cutest photo!! I LOVE my cat! Have to laugh, my cat has taken to scrambling my sil's scrapbook pages before she has glued the pieces down!

    ReplyDelete

Was This Post Helpful and Informative?