Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Welcome Blog Party Ladies and Gents!

Welcome Feathered Friends Blog Party Gals! I have posted 3 times in a row about these sweet hummingbirds so if you are a regular reader of The Vintage Vignette please bare with me as I discuss them once again (for the last time, I promise!) for the Feathered Friends blog party! Please stop over at The Shabby Chic Cottage as well to see what other birdie treasures the ladies are posting.

It all started when I hung up 7 new feeders in my backyard. Within hours my backyard was swarming with hummingbirds! I'm talking about 15 to 20 at a time! As I sat out there with them each day in the mornings and evenings they had gotten quite used to me. One day I decided to take one of the feeders in my hands and sit in the chair to see what they would do. They began flying over to me, landing right in my hand and feeding! I have been doing it twice a day ever since. They have become so accustomed to me that I can stand right next to them like I did to take these pictures. Quite an amazing experience indeed.








15 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comments on my side, so kin of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the story about the hummingbirds! How incredible it must be to have them right by you! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to put up more than one. Must be fabulous to have so many hummingbirds around at the same time! Great story!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, great post about the hummingbirds! Very nice pictures! Hope you day is a wonderful one.
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be excited about the hummers eating out my hands too. Kudos to you! And I'm going to try your idea of holding the feeder. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! They land in your hand!!! We have 3 hummer feeders and I just LOVE watching them. We usually eat lunch outside just so we can see the hummers and the rest of the birds. The hummers are always dive bombing each other. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think anyone will tire of seeing your hummingbirds! In my post, I mentioned my sister's feeders and the marvel of the these darling creatures. I might even go over there to take some pictures and post them next week, so there will be two of us that obsess over hummingbirds!LOL! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful hummingbird photos! Truly amazing that they would land in your hands!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet little hummingbirds!!! Great shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I just love nature pictures! I love hwo hummingbirds wings flutter so fast you can't even see them in pictures! So Cindy my computer came back to me broken still! I have to send it back AGAIN! It's going to be a month this time, so that will make 2 months without my computer, my life line, *sigh* anyway, I am borrowing my moms computer right now to check on everything and say hi to everyone. So hi! I am trying to make all my rounds fast before my mom gets home and wants her laptop back! I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cindy...

    How awesome!!! It's been such a long time since I've seen a hummingbird...they're such sweet little creatures! I think it's fabulous that you have so many visiting you on a daily basis...and that they are comfortable enough with you so near! I would just be sooo intriqued! They really are beautiful!!! What an awesome experience...thank you for sharing your hummingbirds with us today!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice story - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Cindy
    my Grand passed away a couple of years ago. She was the one who did the writing.
    Grandpa has become a bit grumpy since her passing.
    I love him so. He is the one who walked me down the isle.
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Cindy - thank you for sharing such a sweet story about your humming birds! That must be such a wonderful experience to have them all around you. Great photos too!

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, real live birds! How nice that they aren't afraid of you!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Was This Post Helpful and Informative?