Monday, April 27, 2009

Jilted Love.


I think we can all relate to this scenario in one way or another. It need not be as dramatically serious as this case but it could be that we were dumped by a childhood boyfriend or a love in young adulthood. Whatever the case it was no doubt painful to watch our love with someone else. How did we react to such a situation? As I looked at this piece and imagined her to be real, I wondered if she was able to go on, move forward and start anew. Would she continue to look back and pine away for her love? Would she be able to say "good riddance" and finally move forward? This vignette spoke of such raw emotion to me. The look of anguish on her face, the complete disinterest of the one who promised he'd be true and worst of all the total satisfaction and look of victory on the bride's face! Makes you want to reach right into this imaginary scene and slap that smile right off her face right? Well, in my imaginary vignette she does move on. She turns and looks forward and moves on to bigger and better things. But as she walks slowly away she stops and pauses to think. Then she turns back once more and says "Now that I think about it, I guess I do have the better dog!" She then moves on leaving the two of them in her dust because after all they do deserve each other don't they!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are wonderful, you've used them so beautifully! I love the story - I think she did move onwards and upwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! for strong women huh Gaylemarie! :)I think we've all been there.

    ReplyDelete

Was This Post Helpful and Informative?