Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Vintage/Cottage Style Home.




For as long as I can remember I have always loved vintage and cottage style decor. I think I inherited this from my mom who's home has every square inch decorated in these two styles. My sister on the other hand prefers modern decor and she often says that vintage style reminds her of "old dusty thrift shop stuff." I say that's her loss with a smirk. After all your home should be a reflection of yourself right? With that thought in mind I decorate in the style that motivates me. It is where I live, garden, create art, and feel joy. With that said I hope you will take a moment to scroll down and view the photos of my home. You will have to pardon me if there is a duplicate or two or if they seem overly dark as I am just now learning this whole digital camera thing. Anyway, enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow ... you do love that vintage look, your home looks very cozy.

    I just want to say I've only just stumbled upon your blog today and it's fantastic, I love your style and can't wait to see all the projects you post here. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and I certainly grew up in a cottage garden themed home and still love it. My mother was English and my father French (rustic country French) so I think I think this is where my passion comes from. So glad you have joined us on Vintage Flaire.
    Bree
    Bree's Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete

Was This Post Helpful and Informative?