Monday, April 13, 2009

"Let Them Eat Cake!"







There comes a time in every collage artist's life when they find they have the desire to do a Marie Antoinette piece. This happened to me recently after picking up a copy of the Somerset Studio special publication "Marie". This awesome issue was filled with nothing but pieces dedicated to the art and opulence of everything Marie Antoinette. It featured Marie paper dolls, paper shoes, attire, collages and even collaborative book pieces. It was a truly beautiful and well put together magazine and If you can get your hands on a copy I highly recommend that you do. You will no doubt be inspired to put your own creative spin on creating fabulous art pieces featuring this most interesting of historical figures. In the meantime it is my hope that you enjoy my take on this wonderful bit of history and art.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy
    Saw the link to your blog on PDA and came to check it out - your work really is so beautiful, love your Mary Antoinette :)
    Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Gaylemarie. I love everything collage and altered art. My blog is very new and I am glad to have you along. Please stop by often!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!! I love Marie inspired art...

    ReplyDelete

Was This Post Helpful and Informative?