Saturday, April 18, 2009

Old Friends.

I had been searching for Jilly B. for about a year. She was the best friend I ever had. As life would have it after we each married, our days became busy and filled with distractions. Somehow we managed to lose touch. I searched the Internet for her, called friends we had in common, and tried to reach her family. I was unable to find her. She was such a good friend to me when times were tough. Jilly B. was truly a special friend. We lived in the same apartment complex and would often get together for dinner and whatever our favorite show was at the time. She listened patiently to me when I was unreasonable, was my sounding board for my many issues and was always up for adventure. Over the four years we were apart I missed my friend deeply. I know it sounds odd but I would dream about my friend and the fun times we had. Those dreams were always so sad because upon awakening I realised it was only a dream. Finally the day came when I would find her again. I was out shopping one day when EUREKA! I ran into an old mutual friend of ours who told me that Jilly B's mother just so happened to be staying with her and her husband for a short visit. She gave me their number and I called her mom the very next day. Her mother told me all about how Jilly B. was doing and that she had moved out of state. She gave me her phone number and I couldn't wait to call her! I dialed the number and the phone rang. She answered and I heard that familiar and friendly voice and instantly that ache in my heart was healed. I had found the best friend I ever had and I knew I would never let her go. This mixed media collage is dedicated to Jilly B. It celebrates the friendship that I hold so dear and that I will never again let go of.





7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story - some friends are truly so special that the time apart doesn't matter a bit when you get to see each other again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Gaylemarie. I missed her so much and am thankful she is in my life again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just wonderful that you found your friend again - and all through running into another friend - how cool and just love the collage' is just awesome- well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Bree. I really wanted to do something special to celebrate our renewed friendhsip and when I saw this image of vintage showgirls I just knew I had to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to hold onto those friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful story and I'm so glad it had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a very special person indeed :)

    ReplyDelete

Was This Post Helpful and Informative?