Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And The Winner Is!!

Bree Hayhoe of Bellvue Nebraska is our winner of The Vintage Vingette's very first design challenge! We received many fabulous entries from all over the country and the judge sure had a hard time picking just one for the grand prize!

The contest entries were compiled and sent to Pam Brown, the founder of Planet Gift Baskets who also generously donated our prize. After considering each entry she made a few notes about the things that stood out to her with each design. She ultimately chose this design, she said, "because the history of the piece was very interesting and well represented." She also noted the intricate placement of the swirls and die-cut words. She also expressed her thoughts about the well designed application of the required elements of the piece, namely the vintage couple. Pam felt that it represented beautifully the beginning of a new life together and spoke of our theme "Vintage Romance".


Bree included a lovely narrative to go along with her winning piece:

"The couple in this layout are my parents. They were married in at the end of the second world war after my father had finished serving in the Army. There was still a lot of shortages in England at the time so there was no white wedding gowns available but my mother said she never minded. My father was French, my mother English and they had five children together. In 1960 they moved to Australia which is why I grew up. Then in 1999 I met my future husband, we married in 2001 and I came to live here in the USA. Love has - in one way or another, taken me all all around the world" :)

Bree will receive a lovely spa gift basket from Planet Gift Baskets featuring many great products for relaxing and rejuvenating. We hope she enjoys it to the full! Thank you to all who took the time to create and submit such lovely pieces to the design challenge. With such great participation and inspiring creations I just can't wait to get started with the next challenge!



Also, as an added bonus, Planet Gift Baskets has extended a PERMANENT 10% discount to all of The Vintage Vignette's followers on future purchases with them! This means that whether you are shopping for a gourmet foods, spa, or baby gift basket all you will need to do is mention that you are a follower of The Vintage Vignette blog in the comments section and you will receive an automatic ten percent discount! So pop over to the site soon and check out their great selection and remember, they ship worldwide.

I will be considering several new ideas for the next design challenge in the next few days so if you have a suggestion or great idea you would like to submit just pop me over a quick email and I will consider it for the next challenge. Thanks again to everyone for making this challenge so very much fun for me.

2 comments:

  1. I am so honored - thank you so very very much to Planet Gift Baskets. I received some not so good news earlier in the week and now to receive this wonderful news just makes my weeks bright and shiny again. I have a huge spa bath in our master bathroom which I have never used.....I will be getting hubby to check it all works this weekend and then I am setting aside some "pamper me" time when my goodies arrive. Thank you Cindy for hosting this great competition and thank you to Planet Gift Baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree, I am so sorry about your bad news earlier in the week. I hope you thoroughly enjoy pampering yourself with your prize and I hope it helps to lift your spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete

Was This Post Helpful and Informative?