- A bottle of Diamond Glaze that can be found at most craft stores.
- A pair of needle nose beading pliers.
- Bottle of black acrylic paint and paintbrush.
- Assorted glass tiles available at art stores, Etsy.com or hardware stores.
- Beading chain.
- Jump rings.
- Decorative Papers.
- Jewelry Bails.
- *Most of these items are readily available at craft stores and art shops. Etsy.com is another online resource where you can find endless variations of these supplies.
To Assemble Your Gift:
- Cut the beading chain to size. Standard size is usually 18-36 inches depending on the size of your recipient.
- Place glass tile textured side down over decorative papers and align.
- Lift glass tile and apply a coating of diamond glaze to the back of the tile. Spread evenly with paintbrush.
- Adhere to decorative papers as decided, pressing down into paper and Let dry for 20 minutes.
- Trim excess paper from around glass tile. You can use scissors or an exacto knife.
- Once dry, apply a thin coat of black paint to the back of the tile.
- Take jewelry bail and apply a small bead of diamond glaze and adhere to the back of the pendant.
- Paint the back of the pendant with a thin coating of the diamond glaze to seal the paint.
- Add charms, beads, or any other baubles lying around to the chain to your taste using the pliers and jump rings. Add a clasp to the end using a jump ring threaded through each end of the chain and close using pliers.
The finished piece will be a wonderful and handmade expression of friendship and appreciation. Your recipient will be sure to think of your thoughtfulness and talent every time she wears it.
From start to finish this project takes less than one hour to create. The cost to assemble this kit should run between 30-50 dollars but you will be able to make numerous pieces out of one kit. Why not make several ahead of time ready to be given as handmade hostess gifts? It has never been easier to show how much you care.