Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Really Interesting Collage Technique.

Here is a really interesting collage technique by Greg also know as "Brdle" on Youtube. He is a mixed media collage artist who does some very interesting work that features a lot of 3D elements in each piece. I was so very impressed with his extensive use of recycled materials in his artwork. His technique can be a great way to use up those old photo frames that might be cluttering up your closets. As you watch the video take special notice of how he positions each element to achieve a very detailed and deep image.

*Don't forget to scroll down and pause the Vintage Vignette Radio before watching the video.



*Update! I just found out this morning that Etsy Cottage Style Blog is hosting a really great challenge using guess what? Frames! You can use any sort of frame to enter this contest and wouldn't this technique be awesome to enter? I can't wait to go to the dollar store to pick up a frame and enter this contest! Fun..fun...fun.

3 comments:

  1. that was a great video - thanks for sharing......if my creative mojo ever returns I shall have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree, from what I have seen of your work you definately have creative mojo! If you havn't felt like creating lately, it might just be taking a quick vacation. I know for myself when my studio is a mess I lose my mojo until I get organized again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete

Was This Post Helpful and Informative?